It is also best known for its purifying properties. It can helps to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to support a healthy looking complexion. Tea tree oil also helps to remove acne effectively.
Use tea tree oil in a homemade face mask.
A few drops of oil in homemade face masks to kill bacteria and dry out pimples. Make a face mask using natural ingredients.
- Mix 3-4 drops of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons (29.6 ml) of green clay powder, which can be found at most health food stores. Stir in enough water to turn your clay into a spreadable paste. Apply the mask evenly, leave the mask on for at least 20 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil, 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil, and half of a very finely chopped tomato. Apply this face mask on skin and leave on for 10 minutes, before rinsing off with warm water.
- Add 5 drops of tea tree oil to 1/4 cup of plain yogurt (either traditional or Greek style) and apply as a mask. Rinse off with warm water after 15-20 minutes.
Add tea tree oil to a homemade face scrub.
For an effective, acne-fighting face scrub, try mixing tea tree oil with some other natural ingredients from your kitchen cupboard. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of sesame or olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, and approximately 10 drops of tea tree oil. Gently massage the mixture onto your damp face, using circular motions, for 2-5 minutes. Wash off with warm water and then pat your face dry.
- This scrub may be a little rough for people suffering from cystic acne but is perfect for mild to medium breakouts.
- As both tea tree oil and honey are natural preservatives, you can make this scrub in bulk and store in a jar in your medicine cabinet.
Add tea tree oil to your cleanser or moisturizer.
A few drops of tea tree oil can be added to your daily moisturizer and cleanser to help combat stubborn pimples. Apply 2 – 6 drops, depending on how strong you want it.
- Be careful not to get it in your eyes. It could cause stinging or burning if the tea tree oil comes into contact with your eyes.
Put tea tree oil in your bath.
Add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to your bath to help clear acne on your chest, back, and other parts of your body. Additionally, the oil will add a fragrant scent to your bath.
- Breathing in the tea tree-infused steam can also help to alleviate congestion, so you should also try this when you have a cold or allergies.
- Tea tree oil can be toxic to dogs and cats, make sure to keep it far away from your pets.
- Tea tree oil should only be used topically because it can have severe side effects if ingested.
- Always use tea tree oil on dry and clean skin to remove acne.