Ease earaches with essential oils.
Topical application of some essential oils can help to naturally clear up ear infections and to ease any pain associated with them. The oils should not be applied inside of the ear, but rather applied along the neck and behind the affected ear.
- Tea tree essential oil is one of the best oil for relieving earaches. Create a concentrated area dilution (3-5 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil) and massage behind ears and on the neck.
Ease dizziness with peppermint essential oil.
Essential oils can help to relieve symptoms of dizziness associated with vertigo. Peppermint is often lauded as the most effective essential oils when it comes to treating dizziness. When dizziness strikes, lace a few drops of peppermint oil onto a cotton ball or handkerchief and inhale. Other oils that help to relieve dizziness include:
- Clary sage
Relieve a sunburn with essential oils.
Certain essential oils have been used to treat burns for thousands of years, due to their anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. The best Essential oils for relieving sunburn include lavender oil, helichrysum oil, rose oil and Australian Blue oil. The most effective way to apply the essential oils is to mix them with a little Aloe Vera gel (1 drop of oil per teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel) and spread directly on the burn.
- You can also make your own sunburn relief spray by combining: 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Juice, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1 teaspoon vitamin E, 8 drops lavender, 8 drops tea tree, 8 drops Roman chamomile.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a glass spray bottle and shake well.
Reat minor wounds with essential oils.
Lavender, tea tree oil, eucalyptus, peppermint, and several other essential oils can be used to treat minor wounds like cuts, burns or bug bites, thanks to their antibiotic properties. To use essential oil for a minor wound care, clean the wound first. Make sure that the wound is not bleeding. Then, apply a small amount of a 2-3% dilution of essential oil (2-3 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil).
- Apply the oil topically 2-5 times a day until the wound has healed. After application, you can also apply a cold compress to the wound to ease bleeding and swelling and to seal in the oils.
Use peppermint essential oil to soothe an upset stomach.
You’ve probably heard that peppermint tea can soothe an upset stomach. Likewise, peppermint essential oil can also help to ease nausea and digestive issues. Simply create a large area dilution (3-5 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil) and rub the mixture on your abdomen to ease stomach pain.
- You can use other oils in this manner include ginger, nutmeg and spearmint essential oils.
- Applying a warm compress to the stomach after applying the oils may also help to relieve pain and discomfort.