Tea tree oil can be used as a natural solution for getting rid of acne or pimples. It contains natural antibacterial properties, which makes it an excellent alternative to harsh synthetic chemicals. It will not strip your skin of its natural oils. Tea tree oil can be applied directly to acne or it can be used as an ingredient in a variety of skin treatments.
Wash your skin.
Use a mild soap or cleanser to clean the area that has acne. Then dry the skin, as we need to apply this oil on dry skin. It’s important to apply tea tree oil to clean skin, as it’s easier to clean pimples and acne.
Make a homemade spot treatment, if necessary.
If you find that pure, undiluted tea tree oil is a little too harsh, irritating, or drying on your skin, try using it in a homemade spot treatment. Simply mix a couple of drops of this oil into 2 teaspoons of aloe vera, coconut oil or olive oil.
- Tea tree oil can be very helpful for treating acne even when it is only 5% of the spot treatment solution.
- You can also try mixing tea tree oil with raw, organic honey. Honey also contains antibacterial properties and promotes skin healing. Tea tree oil combined with honey can make a nice mask or paste.
- Store your spot treatment in a small glass container so it is available for easy application.
Apply the tea tree oil onto your pimples.
Pour a few drops the tea tree oil or solution onto a cotton bud, cotton pad, tissue, or your fingertip. Then gently dab it directly to your pimples to get rid of acne.
- Just a small amount of oil will penetrate the skin to unblock the sebaceous glands, disinfect pores, and dry out whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples.
Leave the tea tree oil on the acne for a few hours, or overnight.
- Leaving it on will give it time to absorb into the acne and do its job. The redness and swelling should decrease and the pores will be cleaned out. Then rinse your face with warm water and gently dry it after the tea tree oil has done its job.
- You can rinse the tea tree oil off with plain warm water or you can use a gentle cleanser, if necessary.
Repeat this treatment daily.
Using tea tree oil to eliminate bacteria and clean out your pores will be most effective if done on a regular basis. However, you can apply the tea tree oil whenever you like, either in the morning or evening.
- This treatment should help reduce active pimples and any redness that remains due to continuing infection under the surface of the skin.
- Tea tree oil can be toxic to dogs and cats, so make sure to keep it far away from your pets.
- Tea tree oil should only be used topically because it can have severe side effects if ingested.
- Always apply tea tree oil on dry and clean skin to get rid of those acne problems.